Answered

Sonos Play1 - Group volume issues - Iphone

Random volume changes when trying to alter a group of 3 sonos play 1 speakers using iPhone SE and 5s
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 13 April 2017, 19:18

Hi everyone,

We're working with Spotify on a fix for this issue. In the meantime you can disable the Sonos hardware volume controls in the Sonos app's settings menu, then also disable lock screen controls for Sonos on your iPhone's settings menu. This should stop the volume behavior for now.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We're working with Spotify on a fix for this issue. In the meantime you can disable the Sonos hardware volume controls in the Sonos app's settings menu, then also disable lock screen controls for Sonos on your iPhone's settings menu. This should stop the volume behavior for now.
Same problem here. 2 Play1's and a Playbar
Can I recommend to both of you that within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, you run a system diagnostic, and then post the number here, so that the folks at Sonos can look to see what might be happening in your log files?
Badge +1
Same here with iPhone SE, 6 & 7 as well as iPad and iPod.

Appears to be more prevalent when playing straight from Spotify and then adjusting group volume in Sonos app.

My problem is that they seem to fluctuate and then all go to zero and cannot be adjusted from any device without going back to zero - doesn't highlight mute oddly enough. (Resembles ghost fingers on the CR200 when going flat.)

Killed the Spotify app and re-launched Spotify through Sonos and all well.

Didn't run a diag but will do next time it happens.

😉
Badge +1
This morning I launched a Spotify playlist on iPhone 6 and then went into Sonos app to adjust room volumes.

All ten zones went up to full volume and no matter how much I turned it down they all went back up again.

Solved by closing both apps and launching only Sonos app.

Diagnostic number 7277355

HTH

🙂
My sonos just did this. My diagonastic number is7303279. I have an iPhone 6, play 1 and playbar. The issue happened when I went from listening to Spotify through my car then switching the album to my house. It has happened before only when searching through Spotify, not when I search through Sonos for an album or song.
This has been happening to me pretty regularly too. When playing music in several zones from the Spotify app and then returning to Sonos app to change volumes, the sliders seem to have a mind of their own. The only way to stop it seems to be to force quit Spotify app so maybe something between the two apps causing an issue. Diagnostic: 7304415
me too, I've had this issue with and without Spotify. The more recent occurrences are with the Spotify app though.

Diagnostics: 7305495
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
same here, I experienced this on my playbar/play 1s (volume goes up / down), playing spotify
Diagnostic: 7421403
I get screwy volume behavior, as well. I'm grouping six different Sonos units throughout my house (2 x Play:5, 1 x Play:3, 1 x Play:1, and 2 x Connect). I use Spotify MacOS, Spotify iOS, Sonos MacOS, Sonos iOS, and Sonos Windows.

I've also found Spotify Desktop has a hard time staying connected or letting go of the Sonos at certain times when trying to change what I'm listening to.

Submitted 7484539.