Answered

Sonos Play:5 stops playing intermittently when using line-in

• 23 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a Play:5 connected directly to my TV via stereo jack cable/line-in. It is not streaming to other speakers or grouped when playing the TV sound. I also use a Sonos Bridge which is wired into the router and less than a meter away from the Play:5.

I have tried to change the channel, the compression (had delay), the input device name, none of those worked. It seems when something on the Tv is quiet, the speaker stops working and then doesn’t come back until a minute or two later. If I look in the app it looks like it’s not playing. When I press play sound comes back.

Diagnostic Number 313647924 can you please take a look and help!?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 March 2019, 00:54

You mention trying different settings for your speaker, like changing the line-in compression settings, but have you tried setting the line-in "source level" in the speaker's room settings (advanced audio) to a higher value, like 10, for example?

Have you tried using a different cable or audio out port on your TV?

Maybe test the speaker too with a different audio source like a portable music player or mobile.

There's still plenty of things for you to maybe try before thinking that it could the speaker at fault here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You mention trying different settings for your speaker, like changing the line-in compression settings, but have you tried setting the line-in "source level" in the speaker's room settings (advanced audio) to a higher value, like 10, for example?

Have you tried using a different cable or audio out port on your TV?

Maybe test the speaker too with a different audio source like a portable music player or mobile.

There's still plenty of things for you to maybe try before thinking that it could the speaker at fault here.