Answered

Sonos Play 5 inline plus two Play 1 wireless system out of sync problem, I need official answer here

• 6 December 2016
  • 11 replies

Build up a PC wireless sound system.
Play 5 + play 1+ play 1 , three speaker in total.
Main use Inline source for my PC.
Used for music(ie.spotify,apple music) movie (Blueray or HD)
Right now experiencing my sonos system out to sync when
1.I play HD music, no matter what app or source I use.
2.I play HD or Blueray movie for local documents.

Random of my three speakers became louder or silence at times for 1-3 seconds on average.
What exactly feels ?
when you playing a beautiful music or a wonderful moving making you cry, the out of sync sound just break everything,
The beautiful scene gone.

So can any one from SONOS tell me what is the main problem ? My problem or Sonos Problem ? Is Sonos planning for future update for this issue ? How Soon ?
Yeah, I knew what is going on, this issues already exist for years,( I did little research) I need an answer from SONOS !!!

Or Can any one in community help me with how you solved the problem ? I bet some of you experiencing the same issue.

PS : no problem so far with sonos controller playing any music, but sound quality make difference, you know that.

Is this a joke ? almost $900 wireless speaker hardly to give stable, lag free, sync music performance.
What I ask Sonos to do ? 1.wireless 2.play music
That's it. So simple.
With about the same sound quality, cannot I just find another wired speaker system under only $600 ? I bet I can.
I paid for the wireless function, right ?
But it end up with unacceptable sync performance, no sound for 1-3 seconds ? Nice!!!

Is $900 sonos system too cheap to perform sync music ? How much more I need to put in ?
If yes, tell me this is a joke,
This problem has no more than two factors:
1.software (this is how good sonos wants to make the product, be short. ATTITUDE !!!)
2.hardware (if sonos tell me this hardware cannot function with completely wirelessly sync stable music performance.Wireless ? so what ? Losing the base function of a music player, you think I care about that wireless anymore ?)

If no, let me know what is the solution.(I tried every software adjustment,from compressed to inline source level, I tried every combination already, Thanks to the community posts.)

With no airplay, No problem ! No Bluetooth, No problem ! No line-in cord for play 1, no problem !
But losing a wireless speaker basic function, you failed, I don't want lie to myself anymore, I am standing out !!!! This is definitely a problem !!!!!!!!
This "out of sync performance", this "attitude". Sonos you don't play with me anymore.

Give me a feed back, how you want solve this post ?If there is nothing you can do, you can suggest me to return my products while I still can.

Thanks
Mike.
icon

Best answer by maxbmoc 15 December 2016, 04:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Again , Do you have the same set up and operating the same way as I do ?
Do you read carefully ? Maybe you need twice .
If you do , you can talk, laugh , anything you want .
They didn't perform stable music until I update 7.0.
Can you explain ?
You sort of ip thinking didn't solve the problem at all , it just helped from every seconds lag reduce to every 15 seconds .
Is that your solution ? I can say your solution ain't good enough . And I don't want it .

I am glad you wanted to help some one who had a problem .
But for me ? I want a perfect solution , I don't want 3 seconds lag or 15 seconds lag at all .
So that means you unable to find solution for me.
If you think you smart enough ,
Test the system as I said , operating the system as I said.
I do wasting my time with a lot of you.

You want help, then proceed to berate the people who step up to help you? Yeah . . . good luck with that.

I think I'll go help someone who appreciates it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Is this a serious request for help? Or is it just a rant?

The reason I ask is the ~1/2 way into your post you state "Yeah, I knew what is going on, this issues already exist for years,( I did little research) I need an answer from SONOS !!!"

So, if you know what is going on, why are you asking here? Have you called Sonos support for help?
Is this a serious request for help? Or is it just a rant?

The reason I ask is the ~1/2 way into your post you state "Yeah, I knew what is going on, this issues already exist for years,( I did little research) I need an answer from SONOS !!!"
So, if you know what is going on, why are you asking here? Have you called Sonos support for help?

Like I said, if you are able to do something, please share your solution, not only for me, for big amount of sonos users.
or what ? you stand for Sonos ? Sonos Customer Representative ? well done ! mate.
This is not about my rage, this is about let other people know the existing problem, the real problem.
People don't read about sonos customer service, but they read this post, they feel the "attitude"

Did you ever experienced the same problem ? Can I have your solution ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I have not had such a problem. The vast majority of Sonos users have not had such a problem. You came in, and on your 1st post, have indicated that not only are you experiencing an issue, but that it is wide-spread (not sure where you've come up with that conclusion).

Yet you've not given any background on:
1) Whether you've contacted Sonos support and, if so, what was discussed or recommended.
2) What troubleshooting you've attempted (for instance, have you tried 1 speaker and if so does it exhibit the volume issue).
3) Background on your setup (router, are any of the Sonos devices connected via ethernet).
etc.

I am not a Sonos employee. I am a random member of a forum that enjoys my Sonos equipment and the community in general. If you want help, I'd be happy to help. If you want to complain and argue, then I won't help. Pretty simple.

Edit/side note: "Like I said, if you are able to do something, please share your solution, not only for me, for big amount of sonos users." I can help,
I have not had such a problem. The vast majority of Sonos users have not had such a problem. You came in, and on your 1st post, have indicated that not only are you experiencing an issue, but that it is wide-spread (not sure where you've come up with that conclusion).

Yet you've not given any background on:
1) Whether you've contacted Sonos support and, if so, what was discussed or recommended.
2) What troubleshooting you've attempted (for instance, have you tried 1 speaker and if so does it exhibit the volume issue).
3) Background on your setup (router, are any of the Sonos devices connected via ethernet).
etc.

I am not a Sonos employee. I am a random member of a forum that enjoys my Sonos equipment and the community in general. If you want help, I'd be happy to help. If you want to complain and argue, then I won't help. Pretty simple.

Did you read my post ? about the set up and the issue.
I wanted two answer from this community.
1.Sonos official answer.
2.People who experienced same problem, or people who have solution.
you neither of them.
I believe you belongs to second in general.
Thank you for trying to help, the phone call would be a good idea.
But you don't have my Sonos system, set up, or similar, you don't function the sonos products like I do.
If you test the system with my set up(grouped play5 +play 1 + play 1), function the products with in-line source(from play 5).
You will find out what am I talking about, you will experience this post. or just simple search in the community, I found people talk about this issue 5 years ago.

Thank you for responding.
Mike.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
1) I cannot give you a Sonos official answer...you have a problem that they can help you solve...call them.
2) I have not experienced your problem but I have helped many people resolved problems that I have not personally experienced through a thoughtful and logical troubleshooting process.
3) I believe I belong in a 3rd group...a helpful person that was only trying to lend a hand on a community forum.

Good night.
Here is an update for the solution.
After I post this problem, I called sonos customer service.
They recommend to switch the router channel from 1 to 6 or 11.
This do helps.
the lag reduced from every 3 seconds to every 15 seconds.

Couple days later, sonos released 7.0 Operating system.
After update and test 7.0 until now, three of my speaker performance good, stable music service.
the lag reduced to almost 1 or 2 times per song, which is acceptable.

Finally, they hear the voice, fixed this issue as much as possible.
I am 100% certain there was nothing Sonos put in the new update that addressed an ongoing, widespread problem of the type you describe. More than likely there was an IP conflict in your router and the rebooting which takes place during every update cleared it out for you. If you hadn't been so curt with someone trying to help, we probably would have suggested the reboot procedure before, it is rather a standard procedure in these matters. But alas, you didn't seem open to any help. Anywho, glad you got it sorted out.
Again , Do you have the same set up and operating the same way as I do ?
Do you read carefully ? Maybe you need twice .
If you do , you can talk, laugh , anything you want .
They didn't perform stable music until I update 7.0.
Can you explain ?
You sort of ip thinking didn't solve the problem at all , it just helped from every seconds lag reduce to every 15 seconds .
Is that your solution ? I can say your solution ain't good enough . And I don't want it .

I am glad you wanted to help some one who had a problem .
But for me ? I want a perfect solution , I don't want 3 seconds lag or 15 seconds lag at all .
So that means you unable to find solution for me.
If you think you smart enough ,
Test the system as I said , operating the system as I said.
I do wasting my time with a lot of you.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I left this thread 9 days ago by giving input and saying good night, never intending to add to it. But I feel compelled to now.

What's your problem?

You have people ready and willing to help you. The "same setup" requirement you've mentioned a couple of times is completely irrelevant. You posted here, got visibility, had my response offering help, and you snapped back several times.

You don't have to take any advice I give. But again, I feel compelled to add...

Take a peek at the countless threads on this board of people asking for help. Notice that those requests are often responded to by people like me or jgatie. And also notice that most often there is a resolution...quickly and easily (very often the fix is a simple reboot or something that takes just a minute to implement). You may also notice that those same threads have multiple people chiming in with helpful ideas...quickly.

Now, look at this thread.

You posted a rant/question. I asked for clarification. You snapped back. Even so, I offered again to help and you snapped back again. And then...nothing. You did not get any additional input from genuinely helpful people until 9 days later when jgatie posted.

If you had been accepting and considerate you would have received help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, maxbmoc. Welcome to the community. It's a shame that you haven't had the most positive experience thus far. Our community members are often happy to help, as are we, if you are having issues or wish to discuss anything. How has the issue been since you last posted? Please send us a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. We'll have a look for you. It may also be beneficial to post the reference number from your contact so that we can see exactly what was advised and discussed. Thanks.