Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen 1. No output from speakers

• 26 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, When my Sonos works, it is great rich bass and decent volume. The other 95% of the time it is the most hateful thing I own. 

Just recently I have lost all sound output and have no volume control. I have spent the last three hours removing all the software from my phone and computer, playing with settings, resetting the speaker and generally getting frustrated. 

I have a feeling my 17 year old son may have done something to the speaker as his account is currently the primary account name. 

Is it possible to break the internal amp or speakers within it. If I get my year right next to the speaker i can make out the tunes I want to listen to, so I know the WiFi and set up is correct. 

The volume limit is set to off.

I just need to get it working so I can sell it and replace with something else which is a real shame because I am not quite sure I will get the same sound quality elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 June 2021, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s probably time to contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US

Don’t worry about not getting the same sound quality. The Sonos Play:5 (Gen 2) and Sonos Five sound MUCH better than the Play:5 (Gen 1).

If you want to stick with the Gen 1, there are plenty used speakers for sale on eBay or Mercari for a decent price.

Guitar superstar is right…..trade up

trade up your old GEN one play 5 and get a new Five because the sound is unbelievable I bought two of them and was a Play 5 Gen one owner

Take advantage of the 30% trade up