Answered

Sonos Play 5 Dropping WIFI

• 3 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Sonos Play 5 drops wifi after about 30 minutes or so. Stays on with ethernet. I submitted a diagnostic report and wondered if that sheds any light on the issue. Diagnostic report 952706521

Thanks for any help.
Craig
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 July 2019, 19:45

Hi golfnut324

If it stays on with ethernet there are few other possibilities listed in order of probability:
  1. Wi-Fi Interference from other devices
  2. IP Address conflict
  3. Failing Network Card
If you need an immediate response to your diagnostic I suggest you call Sonos Tech Support or solicit assistance via Twitter. The latter is 24/7 response versus 8hrs per day Monday thru Friday for the former.

Cheers!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi golfnut324

If it stays on with ethernet there are few other possibilities listed in order of probability:
  1. Wi-Fi Interference from other devices
  2. IP Address conflict
  3. Failing Network Card
If you need an immediate response to your diagnostic I suggest you call Sonos Tech Support or solicit assistance via Twitter. The latter is 24/7 response versus 8hrs per day Monday thru Friday for the former.

Cheers!
Thank you for the quick response.

(Warning - newbie here)
Normally I could assign an IP address but I'm using Ubiquiti products and ever since I replaced my computer I have lost the ability to run the Unifi controller via a local server. (I know, TMI) So I have to fix that before I can assign an IP. None of my other Sonos speakers drop even when placed in the same locations. This Sonos Play 5 drops in various locations. I was hoping the diagnotic report sent to them might at least tell me about the network card.

Thanks for the tip on Twitter!
I finally got control of my Unifi system and assigned static IPs to all Sonos components. Then ran a system update with everything connected and all is rock solid now. Thanks for the help here!

Craig