Answered

Sonos Play 5 disconnected from WiFi

• 9 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have attempted to reconnect my gen 2 Sonos 5 in every way that I can see on the suggestions. Powered of internet, connected to Ethernet cable etc. The speaker has been in the same location for months with daily use and just became unpaired with another Sonos 5. Will work after connecting to Ethernet and then unhook But only if sitting right next to Router. Diagnostic code. 827664053

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 February 2021, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If there are no Sonos devices wired at all to the LAN, then perhaps, whilst waiting to see if a Staff member picks up on your diagnostic report, try a different 2.4Ghz WiFi channel on your router. Choose to use a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel like 1, 6 or 11 and also change the channel width to 20MHz.

If you do have a Sonos device ‘wired’ already, then ensure that it is at least 3 feet away from the router, or any other wireless products ...and check that the SonosNet channel in “Settings/System/Networks” in the Sonos App is set at least 5 channels away from your routers WiFi channel.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @C osborne 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve taken a look at your diagnostics - please get in touch with our technical support team, if you haven’t done so already. We have a solution waiting for you.