Answered

Sonos Play:5 connects via ethernet but not wifi. Help?

• 7 November 2017
  • 1 reply

My Sonos stopped working via wifi. I tried rebooting it as well as factory reset.

I tried doing the standard setup, but my phone cannot find the "SONOS" wifi network within the iphone settings. I also tried standard setup via my iMac and it does not work. It then tells me to try the BOOST setup, which works. However, I tried the "Wireless Setup" through advanced settings via iMac & iPhone and upon entering my wifi password, it gives me this: "Wireless Problem" and tells me to make sure my wifi is using 2.4 GHz and that it is 802.11b/802.11b. My wifi is within those specifications. I checked my firewall settings on my wifi as well as my iMac and it still won't work.

I then tried factory reseting the SONOS speaker as well as the modem (no other devices were connected to wifi & no previous connected devices) and standard set up still does not work. BOOST setup works, but once again, wireless setup does not work and I get the same error upon entering my wifi password.

My speaker has been like this for probably about 6 months now, and I've only been able to use it through wifi for about two months. Ever since, I've been using a line-in for my speaker. Could it me a defect? Any suggestions/help?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 7 November 2017, 11:06

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that there is a hardware fault. Occasionally faulty Wi-Fi cards have been reported.

You could post a diagnostic number in this thread and/or you could call Sonos support who would walk you through troubleshooting.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that there is a hardware fault. Occasionally faulty Wi-Fi cards have been reported.

You could post a diagnostic number in this thread and/or you could call Sonos support who would walk you through troubleshooting.