Answered

sonos play 3 wont connect to iphone 12

• 14 March 2021
  • 1 reply

My Play 3 is constantly getting disconnected and a challenge every few weeks to make it work again. Now, it won’t be found at all using my iPhone 12. I plugged it into the modem and it would work, but as soon as I removed it from the modem, it will not connect and cannot be found. Appreciate any tips. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 March 2021, 08:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If it works while wired to a router (not a modem), but not wirelessly, it’s possible the WiFi card in it has gone bad, although I don’t think I’ve ever seen a failure in a PLAY:3….but any electronics can fail, so I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic while it is wired and showing in the controller, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.