sonos play 3 dim white light

• 23 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi i got this sonos play 3 and it is just showing a solid dim white light and i tried everything to get it to work. Holding the mute buttom down while plugging inn the power and many other things but no response from the device. The warranty was gon too so i decided to open it up and see if i could see any visible damage to any of the boards but nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem got it working again. If so i would love to know how they did it. Thx for reading ☺️

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you just purchase the Play:3 used or have you had it for a while?

When you performed the reset, did you follow these steps?

1. Unplug the power cord.
  2. Press and hold the Mute button while reconnecting the power cord.
  3. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.
  4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up.

If this doesn’t work, you should contact Sonos Support. It might be time to get a new speaker.

Hi i got it from a family member because it was not being used and they had not used it in ages i dont know why. But i did unplug the play 3 waited like 30 min held down the mute button while i plugged in the plug but the light would not change what so ever it just stays the same. Dim steady white.. i dont know what to do. If you have any other ideas im all ears. And yea i know that its a bit old but i would like to see it work and not just be thrown out as trash just because it has a small problem

Userlevel 7

Contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US