Question

Sonos Play 1s dropping off new ASUS AIMesh home network RT-AX92U

• 11 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have recently installed a new ASUS AIMesh home network with one main router and two nodes (loft and kitchen). Sonos just doesn’t seem to like connecting via direct WIFI anymore as my speakers (8 x Play 1s) continually drop off the network/App. I have had to switch to a wired deployment as a workaround. 

I have been searching the web for help, disabled airtime fairness and also ASUS smart connect but still fail to have a stable Sonos system over WIFI.

Any other comments or ideas from anyone is very welcome! Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @GALJROG.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you wanted to secure the connection of your Sonos to the ASUS AIMesh home network. Let me help you with that.

I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer of the mesh system so that the mesh system can be configured in bridge mode or access point mode or which option best fits your preference. Here are some guides to better understand and know what and how to fix this issue.

• Have each access point have their own unique Wifi name as so you and your mobile controller do not get confused about what and where to connect to access your Sonos system.
  • Disable Wifi Capabilities of the Main router that provides connection directly to your ISP or internet provider.
  • Disable the DHCP or IP-address generation of the Access point and only allow the main router to generate the IP-addresses to avoid IP-address mismatch or IP-address duplicates.
  • Wire a Sonos device to one of the routers/access points to get them to stay on a single network (having each access point have their own unique WiFi names).

Let me share with you a topic in this community that discusses multiple routers or mesh system. You can share and ask questions or comments on that topic if something is not clear. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,