Answered

Sonos Play 1 Stops Playing when PS4 Turned On

• 17 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi,

This is driving me nuts so any help would be much appreciated.

I have 3 Sonos players which are mainly used with the Spotify service; A Play 3 in the living room, a Play 1 in the kitchen and another Play 1 in the bedroom. The Play 1 in the bedroom is the furthest away from the router (Wireless router in the living room downstairs, Play 1 in the bedroom upstairs).

I also have a PS4 that is connected via Ethernet cable to the router in the living room (PS4 is NOT linked to Spotify).

The problem is, if the Play 1 is in use in the bedroom and the PS4 is switched on, this for some reason stops the playback on the Play 1.

This problem does NOT occur with the Play 1 in the kitchen, or the Play 3 in the living room.

Has anybody ever experienced this issue before, or has any idea what could be causing this and know how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance,
Dan
icon

Best answer by Chris 17 December 2016, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Someone else had the same issue with PS4 coming on bogging down their network. It was just a week or so ago let me look as I know they solved their issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I can't find the post but it was definitely a router bandwidth issue.

I would reboot router. If that doesn't help and I assume you don't want to update router ... I would hook the Play:3 in living room up via Ethernet cable to and use Sonosnet to better handle the bandwidth through the router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The PS4 must try to pull a burst of data when it boots
I can't find the post but it was definitely a router bandwidth issue.

I would reboot router. If that doesn't help and I assume you don't want to update router ... I would hook the Play:3 in living room up via Ethernet cable to and use Sonosnet to better handle the bandwidth through the router.

This was exactly the issue. Latest router firmware already installed, and rebooting didn't work. I now have the Play 3 in the living hooked up via ethernet and the problem has gone away.

Cheers for your help.