Answered

Sonos play 1 intermittent connection loss

• 20 July 2021
  • 2 replies

We user 7 Sonos play 1s grouped in in the following manner : 2 In the front part of the office; 2 on the center column and 2 at the back side with the last 1 being alone in the corner near the back. There were all working fine until just more than a month ago. Now they randomly just go silent, they don't disconnect from the network and since I managed the network there hasn't been any change in the connected devices. I ran n constant ping to all 7 as well as to internal and external sites like youtube but there wasn't less than 0.002% packet loss. I did restart them all as well as reset and setup the whole system again from the ground up but still the speakers disconnect in a weird manner. What tends to happen is the music will stop then the font set will play then they'll go slightest and then the center speakers will start playing at about a ¼ of the normal volume.  I have the same issue occurs even if I change music providers.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 July 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The system can be sensitive to the room you build the group from. It’s the room listed at the top in the group. This contains the Group Coordinator node, which fetches the stream and distributes it to the group members.

Ideally the GC would be a wired node, but if all are wireless it helps to choose the one with the best signal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lee777 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It may help to power-off your router for at least 30 seconds.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.