Sonos Play 1 has started interrupting songs

• 22 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Just this year, My Play 1 has started to interrupt songs.  I am using it wirelessly, on Holiday FM radio channel.  This has never happened before.  I’ve checked my download speed and it is 5 mpbs.  But the speed has never been a problem in the past.  I am now ready to sell it for 25 $ and buy a BOSE.

Nabil

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks for the threat, it always is a motivator for those who want to help you resolve your issues.

Have you tried a simple network refresh, by unplugging you Sonos, and rebooting your router while the Sonos are unplugged? Just wait for the router to come back up, and then plug back in the Sonos.

You may want to check for potential wifi interference In your environment, too. 

If you decide to instead sell it for $25, let me know, and I’ll even pay for shipping. 

Bruce, are you a Sonos employee?  If you are I’m not sure this is the tone to take with customers. I as a customer have every right to voice my discontent with the product when it doesn’t work properly.  

I have tried all of the above.  Rebooting router check.  Rebooting Sonos check.  It has worked flawlessly for the last 8 yrs. suddenly it does not.  I’ve checked with internet provider and speed checks out.  

what I’m saying is that my Bose has never given me these problems.  Why would I think network streaming is better?

thank you for the suggestions.  

Of course I’m not. All Sonos employees are identified as such next to their avatar. But you posted in a public support forum, seemingly asking for help. You have every right to voice your discontent, just as I do in suggesting that threatening is not a wonderful way to get assistance, which I provided in spite of your rant. 

The key to the process I listed is that the Sonos must be unplugged while the router is rebooted. Otherwise, while there can be some benefit, it isn’t all the benefits associated with the process. 

However, if that process doesn’t work, there are other methods to provide substantial information to Sonos employees in order help you, by merely sending in a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the particular problem, and then either posting the number here for a forum moderator to pick up, or calling Sonos Support to discuss it. 

Feel free to move back to BOSE if you so choose. It would be a shame, in my opinion, but it is entirely up to you and your dollars as to how you want to support a system. 

I hope your holidays are not spoiled by this issue.