Question

Sonos Play 1

I have 3 Sonos Play 1's. I got them at different times. I connected the first 2 to a room without knowing what I was doing. I added a 3rd and it's now on a separate room. How do I reset them to all be on the same room?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Two options - assuming all are physically in one room. Stereo pair two, and then group the pair and the third unit. Or leave them as independent units and group all three together. See what sounds better to you to decide what set up to leave them in.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
need to clarify..

each speaker is given a unique 'room name'.
each speaker can be 'grouped' to play the same content.
2 play:1s can be 'combined' to make a stereo pair and given a 'room name'

so, are you trying to 'group' all 3 speakers together? if so, tap the 'room' at the top of the app, press 'group' and check all 3 speakers then click 'done'.

(Kumar beat me to it..!)
Thanks! I have all 3 in different rooms. I guess what I need to do is make each one it's own room so I can change the group. It looks like 2 are in the same group. I have one in the bedroom, living room and home office. How do I "rename" them to be their own room? Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
click the room name on top, then click the gear icon. each player has its own settings including a room name
And having done the renaming, group/ungroup via the controller by checking/unchecking the relevant boxes. Depending on whether or not you want the same music playing in more than one room.
I'm still having a hard time making the 3 speakers their own room.

That's because you can't. A room consists of a single speaker, a pair of speakers, a Connect/Connect:Amp, or a Playbar. Add a Sub to any of these (except Connect) and/or surrounds to the Playbar. Anything else is a temporary grouping.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Yeah, you can rename them all "office 1, office 2 and office 3" but to actually combine them, you must 'group' them together as 1 zone. The only way to actually combine 2 speakers, and only 2, is to 'create a stereo pair' with 2 players of the same type.
Are you sure you have 3 devices on your Sonos network?

Go to "Settings" then scroll to the bottom and pick "About my Sonos System." Does it show you three distinct devices? (example: PLAY:1 Living Room, PLAY:1 Office, etc.) Do any of them have a (L) or (R) after the name?
I got it to work, thanks all!