Answered

Sonos One won't respond to "Alexa"

• 12 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Our Sonos One will not respond to our "Alexa" commands but I can still use the app to play my music through the various streaming services. Can someone provide assistance? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Chris 12 January 2018, 02:05

Is the microphone on - button at top - light should be lit below the button.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

chris--great advice; that was all that was needed to get Sonos One going again. So easy.
thanks so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please look at the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022

Let us know how you get on. 🙂
I’m having the same problem. I call Alexa and it dings then does nothing. This happened a week or so ago originally then again since Monday.

Both apps are set up and it was working fine previously. Mic also on.

I’ve even got a response saying she couldn’t help me right now, try again later.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
that would do it!
That was it! Thanks so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Is the microphone on - button at top - light should be lit below the button.
It appears to be enabled in both the Alexa app and the Sonos app. I am in the United States.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you gone into the Alexa app and enabled. Go into Sonos app ... settings...rooms. Chose the Sonos One Room - at top will say Alexa (alexa button for setup).

What country are you?