Sonos One will not play one particular album

• 7 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Badge

Hi! I have a Sonos One (Gen 2) that is refusing to play the songs from a particular album that I recently uploaded into my Apple Music Library (so it is playing from cloud). All other Sonos devices (1 x Playbar, 5 x SLs, A Play:5 Gen 2, a Move and a Port) play the songs fine. The One was originally in a Stereo pair with an SL but when I remove the stereo pair, the SL plays the songs fine. It is just this One (non-SL)!

I keep getting the encoding error message, when trying to play these songs on the One:

I have factory reset, but to no avail? Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Badge

Support Diagnostics number 1504131176

Badge

Support Bundle: 1504131176

Badge

Just to note - I’ve deleted the songs and then re-ripped from the original CD and uploaded - same result.

I am in the process of adding the “My Music Folder” to see what happens when I try to play from that and not from the Apple Music Cloud to see if that makes a difference. The originals in this folder will be ALAC, as opposed to Apple’s re-encoding for Apple Music.

Support Bundle is 1504131176

Badge

Further to this - playing the original track from my iTunes Library (ALAC) works fine as well.

Further to this - playing the original track from my iTunes Library (ALAC) works fine as well.

Perhaps see the supported Sonos audio formats and bitrates here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/79

Although I’m not sure why the track would stream from the same source to some Sonos devices and not others?

Badge

Perhaps see the supported Sonos audio formats and bitrates here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/79

Although I’m not sure why the track would stream from the same source to some Sonos devices and not others?

Exactly! It works fine on every other Sonos device… I've even moved this speaker around in case it was a wireless problem. Still no luck.

also other content I created and uploaded exactly the same way and time is playing fine too.

Badge

Another check. Streaming the song to my phone then streaming from that to the One with AirPlay also works.

Badge

After doing the adding of “My Music Folder”, that is...

As you have already factory reset the speaker and re-ripped the tracks, maybe the system diagnostic submitted will reveal what the issue is here. If Staff perhaps do not pickup the matter here for you, or you don’t wish to hang about waiting for that to perhaps happen, then you might be able to speak/chat with Sonos Support too via this LINK.

HTH.

Badge

Thank you Ken! Really appreciate you reaching out.

Badge

For those that are wondering, Not all of my music sources from the original CD.

I do have tracks in my library that are added via the Apple Music subscription and I am concerned that at some stage they may not play. These tracks are not available via the Music Library option, which shows content I placed in that library, not added via Apple Music subscription.