Sonos One w/ Alexa + Spotify

Badge +1

I have 3x Sonos Ones and a Sonos Move all with Alexa enabled. We have had the Sonos Ones enabled with Alexa for the better part of 3 years. All of a sudden Spotify will no longer work via Alexa. I have disabled/enabled the Spotify skill in Alexa, removed the Spotify service from Sonos app, and removed Alexa from the Sonos Ones...all with no luck in being able to say “Alexa, play Spotify.” I can use the Spotify and Sonos app to stream Spotify without issue. It seems like this is an Alexa issue or a specific Alexa issue on the Sonos Ones. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@joechr,
I’ve just installed the Sonos skill to work with a couple of Sonos Ones this evening and Alexa is working fine here.

Perhaps check your Sonos ‘devices’ in your online Amazon Account (See the ‘manage content and devices’ option from the main Amazon menu at login).

You can always choose to remove/deregister the Sonos products & Alexa components (and disable the Sonos Skill too) …and then simply begin the setup again from within your Sonos App.  

Badge +1

@joechr,
I’ve just installed the Sonos skill to work with a couple of Sonos Ones this evening and Alexa is working fine here.

Perhaps check your Sonos ‘devices’ in your online Amazon Account (See the ‘manage content and devices’ option from the main Amazon menu at login).

You can always choose to remove/deregister the Sonos products & Alexa components (and disable the Sonos Skill too) …and then simply begin the setup again from within your Sonos App.  

Removing the Sonos & Spotify skill and re-adding from Alexa app seemed to do the trick.