Sonos One Touch Controls Not Working

• 27 November 2017
  • 12 replies

I bought a Sonos One and out of the box everything worked great. Hooked right up to Alexa and Spotify. The next morning, the led was a solid green and the microphone light was off. The touch controls did not work so I went into the app to raise the volume (which turned the led back to white). I could then play music using the app, but the microphone was not working. I pushed the touch controls a number of times and nothing happened. I reset the devise by unplugging and that seemed to work. But, when I left the house again and came back the same thing had happened. This time I just waited and eventually the One started blinking and making noises as if I were pushing the touch control buttons. It appeared that the One was registering the touch controls on a significant delay, after which it they would all occur at once. The One will then work properly for a period of time, until eventually resetting back to a green light with no touch control. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix, or is this a faulty unit? I've also tried turning the touch controls off and on in the app and that doesn't help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I have the same problem. I can increase volume by voice command but cannot control it with any of the physical buttons on the One. The microphone button also does not work so I am now thinking the unit is defective and will return it and get a replacement.
Make sure the controls are not turned off in the Settings for that unit. If they are not, you should submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. If the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced, the diagnostic will show it.
Thank you for your response. The controls were switched off in settings and this has been resolved. It is a little odd as I have 5 other Sonos units and keep to the same settings for all - the controls are switched on in the other units. So more likely operator error than machine. Ah well, we live and learn. Thanks again.
I’ve just opened my new Sonos One, set it up to my present system and Alexa works great but the unit’s control buttons do nothing. I can’t change anything on the unit. I have checked the app and the controls are enabled, anyone have any ideas of Sonos can you help? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’ve just opened my new Sonos One, set it up to my present system and Alexa works great but the unit’s control buttons do nothing. I can’t change anything on the unit. I have checked the app and the controls are enabled, anyone have any ideas of Sonos can you help? Thanks

Hi there,

Please try disabling then re-enabling the touch controls within the Sonos app. Then test out the touch controls on your Sonos One. If it's still not working, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
I am having the same issue as previous posters, my Sonos One is working in all areas except the touch controls. This just started a few days ago when I added a second One to my house in another room. Even the microphone on/off button is not working on the problematic unit and I have double checked that touch controls are turned on in the app settings.

I have submitted a diagnostic report through the app on my phone: 16611854

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issue as previous posters, my Sonos One is working in all areas except the touch controls. This just started a few days ago when I added a second One to my house in another room. Even the microphone on/off button is not working on the problematic unit and I have double checked that touch controls are turned on in the app settings.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. I can see from your report that the speaker's microphone is disabled. Can you double check the touch control settings in the Sonos app? You can find them in the settings menu under room settings. This should be set to on.

If the controls are on, try using the touch controls again, making sure not to wear a glove. If the touch controls still aren't working, it would be best to continue troubleshooting live with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number is found here.
The speaker in my bedroom does have the mic disabled, but the problematic unit (in my kitchen) does not. And as mentioned in my original post I have checked the touch control settings within the Sonos App several times to be sure they are on.

I have tried the touch controls many times with no change in behavior. I will give the phone team a call to further troubleshoot.

Hi there,

Please try disabling then re-enabling the touch controls within the Sonos app. Then test out the touch controls on your Sonos One. If it's still not working, send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Hi Jeff,

I have the same issue with my sonos beam. Already tried pluggin off and back in the speakers, disabling and re-enabling touch controls and status light and none is working. Already submitted diagnostigs with confirmation number 1573593925

Thanks!

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. I can see from your report that the speaker's microphone is disabled. Can you double check the touch control settings in the Sonos app? You can find them in the settings menu under room settings. This should be set to on.

If the controls are on, try using the touch controls again, making sure not to wear a glove. If the touch controls still aren't working, it would be best to continue troubleshooting live with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number is found here.

Hey Jeff!

I have the same issue with my sonos one. Already tried couple of times pluggin off and back in the speakers, disabling and re-enabling touch controls and status light and none is working. I have tryied the whole day and got no clue how to fix it. Just submitted the diagnostigs with my confirmation number. 1130228859

Im Sam, from Guadalajara, mx.

Hey guys, I am having the same issue with a new Sonos One. Would it be possible to check this? 990363342

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You might do better to contact Support directly, the contact page has several 24x7 options.