Answered

Sonos One to Vankyo 430 leisure projector

• 24 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone!!!

I recently got gifted a Sonos One gen 2 with incorporated Alexa, and I also got gifted a Vankyo projector 430 Leisure (I love Chrismas), I thought that it would make sense for me to get an Amazon firestick to stream content, since the Sonos had Alexa incorporated but for some reason I can’t get the projectors audio to come out through the Sonos. I am not tech savvy at all so please give me the “for dummies” version :joy:

I thank you in advance for your answers :wink:

icon

Best answer by controlav 29 January 2021, 15:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello Rowena, 

is there a cable maybe that can make it happen?

No, the Sonos One has no audio input, and that PJ only has a 3.5mm output. Sonos is seldom useful for PJs, as many lack S/PDIF (optical) or HDMI-ARC, and even then the more advanced Sonos devices are needed to accept those signals.

Mod Edit: Edited for clarity prior to marking as Best Answer

Hello Rowena, 

is there a cable maybe that can make it happen?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Shadya

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

If your Amazon firestick is connected to your Vankyo projector 430 Leisure, it will not send the signal to your Sonos One. This is why there's no audio coming out. You can send audio to your Sonos One if you have a Sonos soundbar (Sonos Arc, Beam, Playbase, Playbar, or Amp) which you can connect to your TV. This will also depend on your TV model. However, connecting a projector is not a recommended set up. It may or may not work with Sonos. You may need to reach out to the manufacturer of your projector for assistance. Let me share this community topic for your reference.

We can also wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide their inputs about this. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.