Answered

Sonos one SLs white noise after ios software update

• 8 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello, few days ago i noticed when opening the sonos app that it said it couldnt be used with the system anymore ( arc + 2 sonos one sls as surround ). I updated and now im getting faint white noise over my music/movies etc from the SLs as soon as i start playing something. Playing source seems irrelevant since it does it both from my iphone ( apple music airplay ) and my LG CX. Also after stopping any sound/ source device it still plays the white noise for a few seconds then stops with a small pop ( when they become inactive i suppose ).

Tried unplugging , nothing changes. My arc has no white noise. Tried resetting wifi network, no success ( even if wifi is down until they become inactive white noise can still be heard).

Any ideas? Going crazy here.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2021, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chris85 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This is certainly unusual. As you’ve tried rebooting the speakers already, I’d like you to try rebooting the Arc too - it is in charge of what the surrounds play, after all.

If that didn’t help, please try removing the surrounds from the Arc and add them back on again - Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Remove Surrounds. When the app asks, put them in separate, temporary rooms until they are re-bonded to the Arc. Settings »  System » [room with Arc] » Setup Surrounds to add them back on again.

If the issue persists, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

I hope this helps.