Sonos One SL not accessible through Airplay 2

• 21 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

i am unable to connect sonos One SL through airplay mode. I can acces my sonos five without a problem. The sonos one SL does show up as a choice but then i get the ‘unable to connect’ error. Weird thing is. When i use spotify i am able to select and play both on ios/macos. If i use the sonos app to select both while ios/macos music is playing i am able to group them. But not from the music app. It still gives me the airplay error. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sorry to suggest this, but power cycling the phone and speaker often sorts this.  Not always, but if you haven’t tried it yet it has to be the first thing to check.

Ty for your reply, i should have mentioned the steps i already undertook. Powercycled everything, still no luck. Even reseted everything, not a thing changed.

Ty for your reply, i should have mentioned the steps i already undertook. Powercycled everything, still no luck. Even reseted everything, not a thing changed.

If you did reset the device, then I would maybe remove it from the iOS HomeKit App and re-add it back as an ‘accessory’ and then reboot your system again and see if that ‘perhaps’ solves it.

I have reseted the router/Sonos5/Sonos1/Macbook/iphone/appehomekit. No luck. I tried adding it to apple home but i can only add the sonos 5, it sees the sonos one but i still get the airplay error. I’m out of ideas :)