Answered

Sonos One SL Kept on Dropping Offline

• 26 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I own a Beam and a pair of Sonos One SL and had set them up as surround. Since last month the Sonos One SL’s would randomly drop offline  (I didn’t change internet setting or disconnect routers or add devices that would cause internet interference) I would spend hours and sometimes days trying to add them back, kept on getting the “we couldn’t connect to your products” message, and had to spend another couple hours to factory reset One SL’s, try a couple more time to add them and retune the speakers. This is super frustrating. Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with my system? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 May 2021, 17:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It’s hard to tell from your description, unfortunately. Surrounds connect to the Beam on a 5Ghz signal, so I’d be looking first at potential sources of wifi interference near either the Beam or the surround speaker that keeps dropping off. Would probably be worth a reboot of your router, on the offhand chance it’s having an issue with the DHCP table handing an IP to the Beam to give to the surround, although that’s a low chance option, since it sounds like it was working sometimes. But it never hurts to reboot a router.

Just as a precaution, I’d also double check that somehow the wifi/radio hasn’t been turned off on the Beam. Again, a low potential option, but it also doesn’t hurt to check.

If it drops off again, your best bet would be to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.