Question

Sonos One SL keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.

• 11 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope all is well. I am having an issue with my Sonos One SL. It worked great for the first month or so, however recently I have encountered problems with it.

I often cannot connect to it as it keeps getting disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network. I then proceed to reconnect it to the Wi-Fi by plugging out my Wi-Fi router and then reconnecting the sonos device to the Wi-Fi wirelessly. It works great for the rest of the day but disconnects the following day.

What can I do to solve this problem? I was considering buying more sonos speakers but this problem is a bit off putting….

Kind Regards,

Mary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mary12345.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Sonos’ behavior is odd especially if it worked seamlessly in the past for sometime and all of a sudden it won’t. Let me help you out.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on and for me to know how to proceed.

• Has this issue ever occurred in the past?
  • Were there any changes made prior to it was still working and the moment the issue occurred? router change, additional router or wifi booster or extender? 
  • Does the issue happen to other mobile controllers with the Sonos app installed?
  • What light behavior does the Sonos indicate at the time the issue is re-occurring?
  • What is the exact error message displayed on the Sonos App on your mobile phone?
  • What Sonos devices you have? 
  • What music services are we trying to play the songs from?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic while the Sonos products are online and the Sonos app is working so we can check what is going on?

The more information you provide, the more we can paint the picture. Please take note of the diagnostic’s confirmation number and post it here once available. Here in the community, everybody is welcome.

Thanks,