Sonos One SL connection lost

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I bought my One SL in august 2020 and have had the same issue since. I have two rather big issues that spoil my experience.

First off is connection to my One SL. When I use airplay(from Iphone or Macbook) to play Spotify and pause the music for more than 1-2 seconds, the connection seem to be lost. Whenever I try to resume the playback, Spotify shows that music is playing but no sound is heard. What I have to do is disconnect from the speaker(I simply change output on my Iphone/Macbook to the built in speaker) and reconnect to it and playback works fine. Is this how the service is intended to be used? 

Please not I’ve tried with both wired and wireless connection. I’ve restarted all devices multiple times, reinstalled software and reconfigured the speaker. 

I also have troubles playing music through a service with the Iphone app. First time I try to stream something it loads for a few seconds, and then says something like “Can’t play <song>. Lost connection to <service>”. I have some sneaking suspicion that these two issues are related.

A friend of mine has the One SL too and he experiences no issues at all. I’ve used the One at my office and that works perfectly fine too. I feel like I have a defect device or something.

Regards

Lingonsorbet

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps try using the speaker on a different WiFi channel. Assuming you have no Sonos products wired to your network at all, then change the routers 2.4Ghz channel to either ‘fixed’ channel 1, 6 or 11 (each of which are non-overlapping) and if your router allows, set the channel-width to 20MHz and ensure it’s SSID is the one you have showing in your network settings in the Sonos App as being in use, rather than the 5Ghz SSID. See if that improves the Sonos devices connection to the LAN.