Sonos one skips songs

• 3 February 2019
  • 8 replies

My Sonos setup continually skips songs for last few weeks. They are on the device I'm playing the music from but randomly, midway through the song, it skips to the next song in the queue.

Sumitted diagnositics : 422678514

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, welcome to the community. That diagnostic came up blank, I'm afraid, which suggests there may be a lot of WiFi interference. present. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. Are these tracks from an iPhone? There is an ongoing problem at the moment with streaming from Apple devices. If turning off the Auto-lockscreen functionality does not help, can you please reboot your Sonos device(s), then your router, then attempt to submit a diagnostic once again and respond with the confirmation number? Many thanks in advance.
I am playing songs from Android phone as well as iPhone. I am using Deezer and ganaa app. If I play any internet radio from then no problems but in case if playlist this problem occurs.

New Diagnositics : 1173828363
Observations : turning of auto lock functionally does not works, but if I switch off iPhone, there is no problems. But, Please investigate with logs.
mohanrajmcad,

Did you explore the potential wireless interference issues, as hinted at by Edward? What happens if you cable your device to your router, does it work okay then?
No problems if cabel connected. I am getting this issue only for past few weeks. It was working fine before that. I have changed wifi channel to 1 now. Let me monitor and update you the status.

My question is why these kind of issue not happening between Android/other devices if I play songs using apps. But Sonos struggling due to wifi interference. And no problems happening when I play internet radio via Sonos
It is not working with wifi channel 1 as well.

Please check if you able to check any problems in the logs below

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problems if cabel connected. I am getting this issue only for past few weeks. It was working fine before that. I have changed wifi channel to 1 now. Let me monitor and update you the status.
My question is why these kind of issue not happening between Android/other devices if I play songs using apps. But Sonos struggling due to wifi interference. And no problems happening when I play internet radio via Sonos

If it works with a wireless channel change (even for a little bit), that tells us there is a problem with too many wireless signals flipping from channel to channel. What you are describing is a textbook situation of wireless interference. I've seen this happen from time to time in busy apartment complexes and metropolitan areas (big cities), and in most cases, the solution is to plug at least one Sonos speaker into the network.

The reason this happens with content from your Android is because of the bandwidth cost. Put simply, the audio content from your mobile device requires a stronger, more stable connection than the connection needed to bring streaming audio from the internet.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to combat this type wireless interference, unless you were to somehow lock all other wireless devices to specific wireless channels. In most cases, just plugging one of your Sonos speakers into the network will fix this. To learn more about wireless interference, check out the article Edward linked earlier.
Thank you. I have audio Chromecast that streams songs from internet and never based this problem. I have only one Sonos, hence I need to connect always with cables now 😞