Sonos One setup - connect button not prot prompting a chime

• 20 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I have just brought a Sonos One and am experiencing a issue with setting it up. I have downloaded the Sonos app and manage to follow the setup successfully to the point that it wants me to press the button (sync button) at the back of the speaker to prompt a chime. However when doing this no chime is heard. Anyone else experianed this, if so how did you resolve it? Thanks Matt

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
What is the colour of the LED on top of the Sonos One?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Since new you could first try a factory reset on it.

Sonos One:

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.

Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.

Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.

Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

…. if still won't add then try plugging it in to your router via ethernet cable and try again. I find that as always the best way to get it first time setup.

My first time setup advice for anyone … assuming wanting wifi only mode without one unit permanently attached to wifi (if have more than 2 sonos units I like to always run sonosnet keeping one attached).

Plug in sonos unit to router. In app choose new system and choose BOOST Mode setup.

complete setup.

Once your unit is setup and working go to sonos settings...advanced....wifi setup. Add your wifi credentials. You will then be prompted when to unplug from ethernet.