Answered

Sonos One Requires Resetting

• 2 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Sonos One is requiring me to set it up as a new speaker every day. When I open the Sonos app it doesn't seem to find it on the wifi network every day or every other day. The only solution I've been able to come up with is literally resetting the Sonos One to default and starting over again. I have a separate Sonos network at home that has never given me this issue. Kind of at a loss for a potential fix.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 April 2019, 03:18

Try setting a static/reserved IP address for your Sonos from your router's DHCP page. Power off the Sonos, reboot the rotuer, power up the Sonos.

Doing a diagnostic is good but the forum is iffy for that, twitter, phones or e-mail are better choices.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Sounds like a network issue.

What kind of modem and/or router are you using? Any wireless access points or extenders?

You can always try submitting a diagnostic, if a Sonos staff member sees it, they will usually give you some troubleshooting steps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Try setting a static/reserved IP address for your Sonos from your router's DHCP page. Power off the Sonos, reboot the rotuer, power up the Sonos.

Doing a diagnostic is good but the forum is iffy for that, twitter, phones or e-mail are better choices.