Sonos One rebooting when trying to add it as a Surround

• 12 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I have two (2) Sonos One speakers paired with Beam. For quite a while these have acted as surrounds for my Beam, however today I noticed my right speaker was blinking a white led. I tried to identify this but all I can find for blinking white is the unit is rebooting. 

I hard reset the One speaker and returned it to factory. Once blinking green I can add the speaker to my room. This works fine, and I can play music on the speaker just fine. Now the issue comes when I tell the Sonos app to add the two Sonos One speakers as surrounds. The app plays music on the left speaker, I select that speaker in the graphic on the app and say continue. I wait a little bit and the join as surrounds fails and the left speaker is now flashing with a white led. It appears this speaker gets stuck in a reboot loop at this point. 

I’ve been through this process about five times. And nothing seems to matter, as soon as I add the speaker as a surround it fails the add and starts back in to the reboot loop. Flashing a White LED

any ideas here?  It’s almost like a bad file keeps getting pushed down to the speaker during the “add as surrounds” process. 

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Beam and Ones from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Then try to add the Ones as surrounds again. You can also try swapping the Ones to see if it makes a difference. If this doesn’t work, try temporarily wiring the Beam to the router with a ethernet cable and then adding the Ones as surrounds.