sonos one playing an unknown playlist

• 10 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I do not use voice activation for anything in my home.  But I do have a couple Sonos one with built in voice control.  I have never attempted to use it, but today, without opening an app on any of my devices, i pushed the play button on a One and it began to play an amazing playlist quite compatible withy my emerging tastes.  I have no apps open on any device and in fact powered down all of my devices just to see the effect.  No effect.  The One continues to play without interruption.  What is the input directing the One to play?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Any idea what the source of the music is? For instance, Spotify connect allows someone who was connected to your system while they were on your network to maintain access, until you choose to play a different source, this ‘breaking’ the connection to Spotify Connect for everyone.

However, if it isn’t Spotify, it’s odd, and I’d submit a system diagnostic and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the source, what initiated the playback,  and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.