Answered

Sonos One pair, right speaker keeps dropping

• 8 February 2021
  • 5 replies

This happens on a weekly basis where one side will drop but on a bi-weekly basis, the right speaker will disconnect and make it impossible to pair with the left. Since November 2020, I have had to do a factory reset almost every few weeks and reconnect in order to pair the two speakers. Super annoyed and prepared to switch systems if this does not get resolved.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 February 2021, 05:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

A few things you can try:

1. Reboot your router.
  2. Change the wireless channel on your router.
  3. Switch your speakers.
  4. Connect one of your speakers to your router with an ethernet cable.

Hi Bdestroys,

I feel your pain! Exactly the same problem and timeline as me. All the help from forums and Sonos suggests that it’s interference or poor wifi etc. I have a Sonos Boost though, other Sonos speakers which work fine and a really strong Mesh wifi signal. It’s always the same speaker that drops out, regardless of which side of the stereo pair (if I swap them round). I’m at the point where because of this I think I may return the speaker because it’s faulty in some way. 

I’m having the exact same issue where one of my stereo paired Ones will stop playing even though the stereo pair still exists in the Sonos App. Always seems to be the same speaker as well. 

As of yesterday, if I start playing music in another room and then I add the stereo paired “group” they won’t play at all. Getting pretty frustrated with all this as my entire system seems to be unreliable at this point. Second guessing adding an Arc to my system now.

Diagnostic number: 1544028011

Replacement Sonos One arrived a few days ago and has no issues at all. Everything connecting fine and stereo pair is rock solid. This must have been a hardware issue in my case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bdestroys 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

​​​@GuitarSuperstar suggests, swap the positions of the two speakers - if the issue follows the speaker, there’s a good chance (though it’s still not certain) that the speaker has a fault and need to be replaced. 

Whether the issue follows a speaker or not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.