Question

Sonos One - Mystery on MAC address and most importantly disconnection after 24h

• 10 October 2019
  • 15 replies

I have disconnection issue with my two Sonos One.

I reset the system, Here is the matrix info

1) Why the only inbound and outbound signals are on undefined devices whose Mac address is different than my actual sonos speakers ? (I have only two speakers at home).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The music is playing correctly on my speakers, so it is a mystery for me.

2) After a while, let's say the day after, I'm not able to play music on my speakers trough SONOS application. I cannot access http://192.168.0.108:1400/support/review nor http://192.168.0.170:1400/support/review BUT my router is showing this

IP addresses has not changed, I fixed the wifi channel for 2.4Ghz to channel 11 and my controller (my iPhone or computer) are using the 5Ghz of the same network

So basically my main issue, despite some mystery with MAC ADRESS, is to fix disconnection issue so I do not have to restart my router each time I'd like to use the speakers...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

15 replies

The wireless MAC address is +1 with respect to the internal MAC (which itself corresponds with the serial number).

Your system is in WiFi mode, so the network matrix is not particularly meaningful anyway.

Your connectivity problem is probably router related. Try accessing the Sonos units from a phone which is on 2.4GHz.
Unfortunately it is the same conclusion if I switch my phone or my computer to 2.4Ghz.

"Sorry we can't connect to your Sonos'
If rebooting the router is the cure it sounds like the problem is with the router. List its make and model.

Alternatively, get the system online and submit a system diagnostic. Post the confirmation number and someone from Sonos can take a look.

Here is my confirmation number: 122836704.

Regarding the router, it is the one provided by Videotron in canada, which is a ZyXEL EMG2926-Q10A

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Here is my confirmation number: 122836704.

Regarding the router, it is the one provided by Videotron in canada, which is a ZyXEL EMG2926-Q10A

Thank you

Thanks for the report. I don’t see a whole lot which would explain the router needing rebooting from your report. I do see a few wireless communication errors between your speakers and network. It’s possible that your speakers are occasionally losing connection to the network. Changing your router’s wireless channel to 6 or 1 may help.

I’m recently experiencing the exact same problem with the same router , which is weird since I had this router and my sonos system for a while. I’ve reset the router and the sonos system without any luck. So far, the Sonos support hasn’t been able to find the problem either. Could it be a recent update ?

To the router? Sure, it could be. They often update firmware in the background, without knowledge of the user.

Can a Boost help in such a situation?

Can I plug one of my Sonos with a Powerline adapter ? Will it creates its own network afterward between the speakers?

I’m so tired of having to restart the router after let’s say a few hours without playing sound on my Sonos System. 

Can I plug one of my Sonos with a Powerline adapter ? Will it creates its own network afterward between the speakers?

I’m so tired of having to restart the router after let’s say a few hours without playing sound on my Sonos System. 

I feel you, I had this very problem for a while.

I believe I had too many devices on the 2.4Ghz frequency for the router’s capacity. Since I couldn’t wire the Sonos speakers through LAN port, I bought another router, which fixed the problem. Doesn’t mean my theory is correct though. Good luck fellow Quebecois !

I actually almost no device in my 2.4Ghz besides the two sonos speakers. 

May I ask which router you bought ? Is Vidéotron your provider as well ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

A Boost will allow you to get your Sonos off your home WiFi, but before buying one try running Ethernet to any (non-sub / surround) Sonos and see if it helps.

Powerline adapters or extenders aren’t something Sonos recommends.

Try setting static/reserved IP addresses, I fought my system for months spending hours on network monitoring and reading system logs with no result. Ten minutes to reserve the IPs and it has been stable for years.

I actually almost no device in my 2.4Ghz besides the two sonos speakers. 

May I ask which router you bought ? Is Vidéotron your provider as well ? 

Vidéotron is still my provider, you don't need to change provider when you swap your router. I bought the D-Link AC3150, which is a bit overkill but I had other problems with the router from Vidéotron.

A Boost will allow you to get your Sonos off your home WiFi, but before buying one try running Ethernet to any (non-sub / surround) Sonos and see if it helps.

Powerline adapters or extenders aren’t something Sonos recommends.

Try setting static/reserved IP addresses, I fought my system for months spending hours on network monitoring and reading system logs with no result. Ten minutes to reserve the IPs and it has been stable for years.

I already reserve the IP address in the DHCP table of my router and my speakers are not in the same room as the router so hard to connect directly with ethernet without a powerline.

I just rebooted the router to make everything work. Here is a new diagnostic 1853987748.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You might want to contact Sonos support directly to have your diagnostic looked at, none of us users can see it and Sonos staff presence here is limited. The Contact page has several options, some staffed 24x7.

I have the exact same problem, with the same router ZyXEL EMG2926, from the same provider.  I noticed during my investigation that before I reboot the router I am unable to ping any device on the wireless.  After a fresh reboot of the router, ping work to all device that respond to ping, including the sonos.

Hope we will find a solution.