Answered

Sonos One keeps disconnecting

• 17 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I just bought a Sonos One for the kitchen and we have a Beam for the living room. The One is connected via Wifi, the Beam via ethernet cable.

For some reason my Sonos Ons disconnects a few times a day and I need to reconnect it. Sometimes even create a room etc. 

Some more information: In the kitchen we have a router and in the living room there is another one which acts as an access point. I am only using the 2.4ghz network.

I have submitted a diagnostics report:1529903601. I hope someone can tell me what is wrong. 
Thanks and kind regards, Jim

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 March 2020, 01:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Having a WiFi and Ethernet connected setup is called Mixed Mode and has lots of issues.

I’d suggest you connect the One to Ethernet for a few minutes, remove the WiFi credentials from the network settings and then unplug the Ethernet. That will put both your Sonos in Boost Mode, you can confirm by checking the About screen and seeing both show connected as WM: 0.

Badge

Thanks for your quick reply. I seem to have fixed it:

• Disabled the wifi of the Beam. The One apparently was on the Beams Wifi.
  • Performed a new setup for the One, connected it to the our wifi.

This seems to have fixed the issue. The One had a hard time using the Wifi of the Beam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That sure sounds like Mixed Mode and it isn’t usually what you want.

With the Beam wired the One should connect to it via SonosNet (not WiFi) and not to your router via WiFi.

If it is working for you that’s great.

Hey guys . I’ve a similar issue but I’ve an ARC and now two rear SLs . All on WiFi . 2.4ghz. The rear SLs disconnect and disappear from the app and don’t connect . ARC never does . Only way seems to be reboot the router and power down then up SLs . Then they reconnect . 

any help would be great 

Paul 

Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices.