Question

Sonos One keeps changing rooms

• 17 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos One in the living room. It keeps changing rooms by itself to ‘kitchen’. I change it back to ‘living room’ and then after a time it changes itself back to ‘kitchen’.

Can anyone help?

It used to be in the kitchen and so used to be called ‘kitchen’ at one time if that’s relevant,

Thanks,

Gareth.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Do you mean you’re playing in one room, ‘living room’, and the sonos changes playback to another room ‘kitchen’? Or do you mean the name of a room gets changed?

If it is the latter, you might check third party apps, such as HomeKit. In all confirmed resolved cases of rooms being renamed, it’s been due to a third party application doing it. 

If it is the former, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks a lot - it was the latter and Homekit was the culprit.