Answered

Sonos One istallation failure with error code 30 on android and code 1001 on Mac

• 6 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I purchased 2 x sonos one Gen 2. I followed the installation instructions up to the point it tells me it needs to update the software to 10.6. After waiting for around 10-15 minutes, it displays error code 30 on the android app. I followed all the troubelshooting tips (restart router, connect via ethernet, disconnecting other sonos speakers, etc) and nothing worked. Then I tried updating via the mac app and it also failed, giving me error code 1001. Then I considered that the sonos speaker may be faulty so I tried the other speaker and had the same results. This is damn frustrating!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 January 2020, 19:01

As a guess, you have got something blocking the ability of the speakers to reach out and get to the Sonos update servers. This could be a firewall, virus protection, or a VPN issue. This is based on the information I found here: error codes FAQ.

If that doesn’t help, I would recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

View original

1 reply

As a guess, you have got something blocking the ability of the speakers to reach out and get to the Sonos update servers. This could be a firewall, virus protection, or a VPN issue. This is based on the information I found here: error codes FAQ.

If that doesn’t help, I would recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.