Answered

SONOS ONE - Having trouble understanding right now.....

• 5 November 2017
  • 61 replies

Show first post

61 replies

Same problem. Diagnostics 8134612.
Same here. Diagnostics 8135266
same problem. Diagnostic 8137944
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the diagnostics everyone. If you're still having trouble, the first thing I recommend doing is going through the setup process again. It really cleans up a lot of server communication issues and any old caches. You'd do this by removing the Alexa Skill, going into the Sonos app and disabling the Voice Services, and then following through and setting it up again.

Make sure that you've signed out of all Amazon apps on your mobile device as this error can come up if you're using two Amazon accounts and the wrong one gets cached.

If you're still having trouble, there are some really great Alexa and Sonos troubleshooting steps to start with here.

Finally, I'd encourage you to give us a call on our support line if you're still not in a good place. We're a bit busy, but we're here to help and will get to everyone as soon as possible.
Thanks that has worked.
I was also having the issue of Alexa "not understanding". This worked for me.

Try the following:

1. Go into the Sonos App
2. Click on "More..." > Settings > Room Settings

You may see: There are mo features available for this room" next to a red dot.

3. Click on the room you have your Sonos one

You my see: Alexa is not working on all speakers. Please sign in again.

4. Tap on the message and choose: "Reauthorize Amazon Alexa in this room"

Good luck.
Solved. On the alexa app I disabled the skill. Forgot the speaker. Went onto the sonos app and went to voice settings. Went into the sonos one and where it says Alexa I removed it. Then restarted the process of adding it all back again. Will see if it stops again
Thank you adspainy! Alexa stopped working a few days ago and what you suggested fixed it!
Not sure if I should add to this thread or start another, so will try here first. I have tried everything I have read in these two pages with no luck. Just did diagnostics as I am at my wits end. My one has worked flawlessly for a month, but yesterday, I could not get it to stop playing using voice commands. Stopped it using the Sonos app. Came straight here and started reading. Soon, I could hear it playing through my outdoor speakers (I have a Sonos Connect Amp) but not in the living room like I have it set to do. Reset everything again and that’s when Alexa started saying “sorry, I’m having trouble understanding now, please try a little later.” I can still go to the Sonos or Alexa app and it will play through connect to outside speakers, but nothing out of the Sonos One. Diagnostics number is 8352472. **UPDATE** now I can get no music anywhere.
Please fix this problem such a waste!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, if you've tried the troubleshooting steps here already, it'd be best to give us a call. The team can help look into what's going on.
Nice, Ryan. I think you mean contact Sonos .

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Yeah, I was just missing the closing "]" on there... I fixed it.
Mines going back to Best Buy and I’m sticking to my HomePod I keep getting no sound when I ask Alexa something then I get I don’t know what went wrong or sorry something went wrong please try again later. I tried everything rebooted reset the same thing this was bought on a Best Buy gift card I may as well get the regular echo with Alexa generation 2
I was also having the issue of Alexa "not understanding". This worked for me.

Try the following:

1. Go into the Sonos App

Good luck.

Great,thanks
Worked for me too
Same problem. Diagnostics number 1912024968
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same problem. Diagnostics number 1912024968

Hi ohbytheway,

Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to troubleshoot this live with our phone team. Please call us up, our phone number can be found here.
add me to the list of frustrated users, worked great for a few months, now nothing - getting the same error - ran the diagnostics. Am amazed that Sonos would launch a product with this severe a bug. "sorry I am having trouble understanding right now, please try again later" Now what? Refund? Diagnostic 136564716
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What is your issue?
Chris - its the same issue the previous 44 posts on this thread have discussed.... as outlined in my note - Alexia no longer works on the Sonos speaker, and instead says" sorry I am having trouble understanding right now, please try again later"... submitted diagnostics, confirmed mic is on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What firmware does the speaker say it is on - - sonos app settings...about my sonos. should be 8.5

With that confirmed... go into Alexa app. Sonos skill - disable it and try re-enabling it. See what happens.

There are issues all over the place on this thread not a single uniform question.

Did you follow Ryan's instructions

"Thanks for the diagnostics everyone. If you're still having trouble, the first thing I recommend doing is going through the setup process again. It really cleans up a lot of server communication issues and any old caches. You'd do this by removing the Alexa Skill, going into the Sonos app and disabling the Voice Services, and then following through and setting it up again.

Make sure that you've signed out of all Amazon apps on your mobile device as this error can come up if you're using two Amazon accounts and the wrong one gets cached.

If you're still having trouble, there are some really great Alexa and Sonos troubleshooting steps to start with here.

Finally, I'd encourage you to give us a call on our support line if you're still not in a good place. We're a bit busy, but we're here to help and will get to everyone as soon as possible. "
OK. Pretty odd tone for a customer support forum...also odd you would say that about my question - please look at the title of the thread and then please re read my original note.....
Re your suggestion, yes, 8.5, I would expect that you can tell the firmware version from the diagnostics report I submitted .... and yes and will give it all a try again -
You are assuming a pretty high level of technical aptitude and high level of free time from your customers for whats supposed to be a simple product. pretty discouraging and sure does not say "hey lets go buy more Sonos products" . Yes I will call tech support tomorrow, hopefully will not have the hour plus hold time referenced above..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I do not work for Sonos. Ok so don’t listen to my suggestions. Your prerogative.
Cheers adspainy - a clear and simple fix for this problem 🙂
[quote=randjf]I was also having the issue of Alexa "not understanding". This worked for me.

Try the following:

1. Go into the Sonos App

Good luck.

This worked for me as well. I am guessing this issue had something to do with the the changing of my Amazon account password.