Answered

Sonos One Google Assistant and Youtube music premium - Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Sonos One Google assistant and Youtube music premium

Error: Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Sonos one bought in the UK, for at least 30% of songs it just skips the song and shows the above error.

For example while playing Indian Summer by Jai Wolf

icon

Best answer by Simon B 15 August 2020, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Same issue here - SONOS WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS??

I have this problem and itbjas nothing to do with voice because I don't use voice but I am a previous Google music user. I can listen to ALL on YT music app with no prob. I also confirmed on google account management only 1 device has used this app. SONOS ESCALATE THIS ISSUE ITS CLEARLY YOUR PROBLEM

6 Months. Tons of different users. Multiple Updates. and NO solution. No direct casting from YT Music and I don't know which dev team is more trash Sonos or the Jokers at youtube who took away google play music. This system has gone to trash. FIX IT

Same issue here. Youtube Music Premium subscription and certain songs (about 30%) were skipped. It isn't solved anyway. 

No Problem playing those songs in the YT Music App.

Please could you fix this problem. Google Music is closed so we have no workaround yet. Thank you! 

I have this problem too, had it for months. Premium subscription of YouTube Music :(

Wow it's pretty amazing how long this issue has been going on and still doesn't appear to be solved. 

And if you look further up in this thread you can see that people already posted their diagnostic number. 

Hi Simon,

The link you posted just tells me that there is no phone support in my region. 

But, seriously, the issue has been described in detail here, and many people are having it, why don't you just start working on it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with your Sonos system. So that we can create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access to your device controller and check for the error message and give additional instructions and options about this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Same issue here, very annoying. Sonos stability is just not what it used to be, like all the app crashes in S1 Android app, embarrassing. Things used to just work, like with Apple, which was a major plus for Sonos. 

Exact same issue here. Oh my God I'm so tired of Sonos, there's always something wrong. If it was just possible to cast to the stupid speakers, all this would be solved. I'm throwing my **** Sonos speakers in the trash and buying some B&o instead, at least you can cast to those (and they sound better). 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

While trying to play songs by Hozier via voice command I now also had the issue that it would not play any songs. Spotify is playing without issues though. But I have a YouTube Premium account specifically for also having no ads on YouTube, don’t want to then also pay for Spotify.

I’ve been having the same problem. I’m using Sonos 5 (Gen 2) and have three of them around the house. I tried playing Bicycle Race by Queen and was not able to. My diagnostic number is 975838229.

I can play songs fine via voice commands. I can then replay the song if I press play again in the app after the song finished playing. but if I search for the same song again I get the error. 

So something is going on within the Sonos app. A previous poster guessed its related to caching/buffering and this seems like the most conceivable idea so far. 

Same issue here

diagnostic Numbers: 692801181

Song example:

Dye My Hair - by ALMA

Queen elizabeth - by cheat codes

then it just skips

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @VanAxe, thanks for the update, about your concern, since you tried and replicated the issue with 3 other devices and it’s still the same, We need further support for this issue.  kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and so that they can create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon thanks for your help, I personally don't think  my phone is the issue I can replicate this on three other phones, the issue looks like it is YouTube and Sonos and reading other post I am not the only one. My is YouTube not letting us cast directly to Sonos?

Hi Simon thanks for your help, I personally don't think  my phone is the issue I can replicate this on three other phones, the issue looks like it is YouTube and Sonos and reading other post I am not the only one. My is YouTube not letting us cast directly to Soon?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, thanks for the update. Sorry that the issue persists after removing the Google Play Music on your Sonos App. So that e can have this checked further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They would request for remote access with your device controller where you have the Sonos App to check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Ok removed Google Play Music, still same problem, you should be able to replicate this as well, I have a few songs that will not play but did play when using Google Play Music through the Sonos app.

Thanks again for your excellent support I am sure I am not the only person with this problem. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, Google play music is still associated with the Sonos App. Kindly remove the Google Play Music account and just leave the Youtube Music and let’s check if it will be fixed. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks just sent

Your confirmation number is: 2000299843

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system and the Music service, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

have you tried to remove and readd the music service on the Sonos App to check if that will work?

Yes, a few times, in fact it is the same songs it can't play every time. And many others for example I was playing new albums from YouTube music and 3 of the songs from the album would not play others would. Every odd.

And are there multiple accounts that are logged in on the Sonos App?

No only me, I am the only one with the app installed, this never happened in Google Play , it would play every song but it's no longer thanks to Google.

Thanks Brent

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on Youtube Music, have you tried to remove and readd the music service on the Sonos App to check if that will work? And are there multiple accounts that are logged in on the Sonos App?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.