Answered

Sonos One Gen 1 WIFI stopped working but Gen 2 works

• 17 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I have four speakers, three are The One (Gen 1) and one is The One (Gen 2). All three Gen 1’s stopped working completely where the Gen 2 works just fine. The Gen 1’s powers on, they just will not connect to WIFI. If I connect it via cat5, it works perfectly. But in the same location it’s been working, nada. 

When I try to connect my iPhone or iPad to update the network settings, it doesn’t work either. Says I cannot connect to the SONOS network. But the Gen 2 still works. If I try to reconnect or add a new device, the Gen 1’s don’t work either.

Any help would be incredible.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 January 2022, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If you connect one of the gen 1s with an Ethernet cable and open the controller, do you see just the gen 1, just the gen 2, or all the gen 1s and the gen 2?

If you connect one of the gen 1s with an Ethernet cable and open the controller, do you see just the gen 1, just the gen 2, or all the gen 1s and the gen 2?

If I connect a Gen 1 to Ethernet, it shows up and works. But once I disconnect, it will not work. 

What about the rest of the gen 1s? Do they not show up?

What about the rest of the gen 1s? Do they not show up?

I reset one of them. It works via Ethernet but won’t connect via WIFI. 

I’m about to be unavailable for many hours, so let me put it this way. If none of the other gen1s are showing up, I’m suspecting a broken WiFi system on that one device. If that’s the case, while that device is wired, submit a system diagnostic within, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There’s always the possibility that you’ve got them set up as two different house holds, in which case keeping the gen 2 as is, and doing a factory reset on the gen 1s, then using the ‘add a device’ function when looking at the gen 2, and then they’d all be in the same system (house hold).