Answered

Sonos One doesn't reconnect to SonosNet when router reboots.

• 2 March 2021
  • 1 reply

This started happening about a year ago.  I have a Sonos One wired to my router, and a Playbar and two more Sonos Ones (in separate rooms) connected on the SonosNet network.  Everything works fine, until the router reboots due to a power outage or other reason.  When the SonosNet network comes back up only the wired Sonos One and the Playbar are recognized.  I have to unplug and plug back in the other two Sonos Ones for them to be recognized again.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?  I’ve tried changing the wireless channel, resetting the speakers and swapping out the wired Sonos One.  No luck with any of it.  

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 March 2021, 06:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It’s really hard to tell from your description. It could be wifi interference from a non WiFi source, or even a source outside your home. I’m loathe to jump to duplicate IP addresses, since you mention it happens even after a power outage, which normally should clear that issue.

You mentioned changing the wireless channel, do you mean your router’s WiFi channel (which should not be auto set, but defined by you), or do you mean your SonosNet channel? 

At the end of the day, you may be best served by submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.