Sonos One disconnecting from WiFI

I am having trouble with my One continually disconnecting form my WiFi network. I am able to setup and configure with the network cable plugged in. I then move the One to the room where I want it setup and have no problem connecting via WiFi for an hour or two. When I am done using the One or sometimes just after some time has passed, the One loses its connection to the network and I have to reconnect it to my WiFi using the cable. Is there a remedy for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

74 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having trouble with my One continually disconnecting form my WiFi network. I am able to setup and configure with the network cable plugged in. I then move the One to the room where I want it setup and have no problem connecting via WiFi for an hour or two. When I am done using the One or sometimes just after some time has passed, the One loses its connection to the network and I have to reconnect it to my WiFi using the cable. Is there a remedy for this?

Hi paso1129,

Welcome to the community. Can submit a diagnostic report while your Sonos One is connected and showing in the app? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Is there any update on this, it keeps happening to me too
Did you act on the request in the previous post to yours?
No, I wasn't sure if there was a set solution
The problem is that there are multiple potential solutions, so without knowing the very specifics of your particular situation, it's hard to tell.

There's no silver bullet when dealing with a network. Too many potential things can go wrong. Submit that diagnostic, Sonos should be able to see what's going on.
The diagnostic report number is 865545516
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The diagnostic report number is 865545516

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your report had some formatting errors in it making it hard to read. This usually happens when there is some signal loss between your Sonos components, preventing a full diagnostic log. Please run through this guide, which covers the most common causes of dropped players.

If that doesn't help it would be a good idea to give us a call. Our phone team can help troubleshoot this issue live. Our phone number and hours are found here.
I’ve been having the same problem for a while. Setting static DHCP leases for my Sonos speakers fixed the issue for about a month. I just submitted diagnostic report 1833384905.
I'm also having this issue. Sonos One connected via Google WiFi. Diagnostic report is 1159684573.
Badge
I’m also having this with multiple Sonos One devices randomly dropping off Google WiFi. No other connectivity issues. PlayBar, Sun and Play:1 are all fine.

Diagnostic 44806762 is after I rebooted a disconnected player.
I am having the same issue. Only started this week. Is fixed by turning the speaker off and back on. This is with 2 different WiFi routers and 2 different Internet companies.

Diagnostics run on the ticket bellow
Your confirmation number is: 1369611841
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@BarCar Thanks for the report. Your Google Wifi system is running its wireless access points on different wireless channels. This makes it hard for your Sonos units to stay connected and in sync. It seems Google Wifi does not allow you to manually set wireless channels for its access points. It would be a good idea to switch your Sonos system over to the Sonos mesh network configuration by wiring on speaker or Boost into the main Google hub. This will put your speakers on their own wireless network which can run on its own wireless channel. Try that, then send along a new diagnostic report if any issues remain.

@thefalconsok In your report I see that there is quite a bit of wireless interference showing up. This is likely due to wireless networks nearby which are running on the same channel as your own. Try changing your wireless network's channel over to 11, which is less crowded in your area.
Badge
Thanks @Jeff S

One of my Ones is near the main Google hub so I’ll use that rather than a boost. Can you remind me, is mesh now functionally equivalent to wifi? I have a playbar with surround - does that work ok on mesh?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks @Jeff S

One of my Ones is near the main Google hub so I’ll use that rather than a boost. Can you remind me, is mesh now functionally equivalent to wifi? I have a playbar with surround - does that work ok on mesh?

The Playbar and surrounds will work just fine over the mesh setup. Essentially what happens is that the Sonos speakers create their own wireless network instead of connecting through the Google Wifi. Each speaker communicates wirelessly with another speaker, and the whole Sonos system communicates with the rest of your network through the speaker wired into your Google hub.
Badge
@Jeff S, I added a wired Boost and am now on SonosNet. I’ll see how it goes longer term but I just had a brief single player drop out.

if you can look at diagnostic 481703664 I would appreciate it. The Bedroom player dropped audio briefly for about 30 seconds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the update. The data isn't getting to the bedroom unit fast enough. Does this unit drop out when playing on its own? How about with a smaller group of speakers? You might try repositioning that speaker so it isn't near other electronics, or too close to a wall that might have power lines inside.
I’m having the same issues. I have 4 Sonos One speakers...two in our loft that are stereo paired, one in the living room, and another in my office. The office One will disconnect and disappear from the Sonos app constantly. I have to unplug and plug back in for things to get back to normal. However, now the living room One started doing the same thing today. I submitted diagnostics, report 504151296. Please let me know what’s going on. Both of the One speakers I’m having trouble with are Gen 2 units. The other two speakers in the loft that have been completely fine are both Gen 1.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@BroughtB Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there is some wireless signal loss between your stereo paired speakers. This is likely due to wireless interference from a couple nearby networks running on the same wirelesses channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 or 6 and see if that helps.
@BroughtB Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there is some wireless signal loss between your stereo paired speakers. This is likely due to wireless interference from a couple nearby networks running on the same wirelesses channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 or 6 and see if that helps.

Thanks, Jeff. So the problem I’m having with the other two speakers is related to signal loss from the two speakers that haven’t had any issues at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@BroughtB Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there is some wireless signal loss between your stereo paired speakers. This is likely due to wireless interference from a couple nearby networks running on the same wirelesses channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 or 6 and see if that helps.Thanks, Jeff. So the problem I’m having with the other two speakers is related to signal loss from the two speakers that haven’t had any issues at all?

I don't see the office unit in the report. Wireless communication errors between speakers are likely caused by the same thing. Did changing the router's channel help?
Same issue. My Play:3 is losing the network. Diagnostic 1591236641. Thanks
Same problem here with my Sonos One, thanks. Diagnostic number is 262528810.
I am having a similar issue. Please advise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue. My Play:3 is losing the network. Diagnostic 1591236641. Thanks

Hi there,

In your report I see that there are many wireless communication errors showing up. This is likely due to the high number of nearby networks. Your wireless network is on channel 1, which is very crowded. Try switching your router over to wireless channel 6 or 11 and see if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same problem here with my Sonos One, thanks. Diagnostic number is 262528810.

Thanks for sending in the report. I see a few problems. First, the wireless on your Playbase has been manually disabled. This prevents your surround speakers from communicating with the Playbase. Please re-enable the wireless on your Playbase.

Next, there is quite a bit of wireless interference showing up. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.