Sonos One connection issue

• 30 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos community. I have a strange issue whereby my Sonos One is clearly connected to the internet with all voice services working and music via it playing, however it does not show up on the app. It occasionally reappears but is very spotty when doing so and will present an error when trying to join speakers together. It is also not playing via Airplay, just showing up an error.

This is a new issue and has always worked fine previously. I am using a Sonos Boost so to my knowledge should stop issues with WiFi interference, mesh networks connectivity etc. I have also tried all usual fixes including resetting my router, powering down speaker (will usually connect for a while then not any longer) and factory resetting the speaker and re-adding to system. Once it was added it worked ok for a small time but then took 3 occasions to set up True-Play as it kept losing connection to the speaker. Any suggestions as this is getting rather frustrating!

Thanks

1 reply

Is it perhaps the ‘mobile’ device controller that’s not discovering, or losing connection to, the Sonos player(s)? Check a few things on that device such as network security is not interfering with its connection. 

Have you tried a reboot of the mobile and ensured it’s connected to the network WiFi router that the SonosNet device (Boost) is wired too and not some other access point. Also ensure these few things…

• That the routers 2.4Ghz band is using ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11
  • That the SonosNet channel is at least 5 channels away from the chosen router channel
  • That the wired Sonos product (Boost) is set at least one metre away from the router or other wireless device.