Answered

Sonos One / Connect:AMP stops playing after about an hour

• 15 April 2018
  • 1 reply

In the last week or so, I've noticed my Sonos devices have mysteriously stopped playing at the end of a song. Best I can tell, this usually happens when I am streaming Amazon Music. I'm not 100% certain, but it seems to happen when two devices are grouped and playing: a Sonos One and a Connect:AMP.

When I check the iOS app, both devices are still available and grouped, and the song has finished, but the status is paused/stopped. And when I click Play, it proceeds to the next streamed song in that station (e.g., Prime Country).

In both cases most recently, I generated a diagnostic report as soon as it happened. The numbers are 441323921 and 1971801427.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Amazon Music getting interrupted; my Internet service; or perhaps the Connect:AMP interference. Can someone from Sonos Support take a look at the diagnostic and let me know if they see anything? I'll continue to add diagnostics to this thread, with additional data points, if it continues to happen.

Thanks,
Chris
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 April 2018, 02:09

Hi there, BammBammTN. Thanks for the post and for the diagnostic report. Was the problem evident when both diagnostic reports were submitted? Does this only happen with a particular music service or does this happen regardless? Additionally, does the problem come up with only a specific Sonos One/CONNECT:AMP combination (Kitchen/Living Room vs Kitchen/Bathroom).

When I take a closer look at the Command Log, I'm not seeing any stream limits which can rule out another account bumping you off. The wireless environment looks great, so that shouldn't be a problem either. Do you have any Amazon Echo devices that could be attached to the same account?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, BammBammTN. Thanks for the post and for the diagnostic report. Was the problem evident when both diagnostic reports were submitted? Does this only happen with a particular music service or does this happen regardless? Additionally, does the problem come up with only a specific Sonos One/CONNECT:AMP combination (Kitchen/Living Room vs Kitchen/Bathroom).

When I take a closer look at the Command Log, I'm not seeing any stream limits which can rule out another account bumping you off. The wireless environment looks great, so that shouldn't be a problem either. Do you have any Amazon Echo devices that could be attached to the same account?