Answered

Sonos One Buttons and Lights not working

• 30 May 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos One that we use outdoors. The buttons no longer work and the display lights won’t turn on. It doesn’t respond to the wake word. However, it still appears in the app and can be used to play music from smartphones. I’ve gone into the Sonos app and the display lights and buttons are enabled. I’ve tried disabling them and enabling them again but they still don’t turn on. Any thoughts?  Is it possible that it’s a hardware problem?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 June 2021, 13:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the One from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @LitiGator78 

This could very well be a hardware problem - the Sonos One is not an outdoor speaker. It’s humidity resistant, but not water proof.

If @GuitarSuperstar’s idea didn’t help, I’d also recommend taking it indoors for a couple of weeks - it might just dry out. I do not recommend plugging a device that may be water damaged into power inside the house without constant supervision due to fire risk. Even keeping an eye on the speaker, I recommend being very careful.

Finally, you could try a factory reset but if that doesn’t help then nothing will, I’m afraid, short of an out-of-warranty replacement.