Answered

Sonos One and Spotify mobile app

• 27 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Has anyone else had an erratic volume issue when choosing their Sonos One/Room with Sonos One as your output through the Spotify iPhone app? I prefer it to the Sonos app due to better search results, but have noticed when the Spotify app is used my volume does everything from jumping up to the highest volume through to jumping to the lowest. 

Have also had it when asking Alexa/Google to play through Spotify. 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 28 April 2022, 11:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Has anyone else had an erratic volume issue when choosing their Sonos One/Room with Sonos One as your output through the Spotify iPhone app? I prefer it to the Sonos app due to better search results, but have noticed when the Spotify app is used my volume does everything from jumping up to the highest volume through to jumping to the lowest. 

I think the sporadic or erratic volume control is perhaps an indication of a poor mobile and/or speaker wireless ‘network connection’ - do you have more than one WiFi access point? Perhaps ensure all are operating on the same WiFi channel and try using the non-overlapping channels - either 1, 6 or 11 on your local router

If the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands have the same SSID, then consider separating those by giving them different SSID’s (eg ‘MyNetwork-2G’ & ‘MyNetwork-5G’) and try your mobile Spotify controller device on each band to see which may work best for your environment. Another helpful thing is to limit the 2.4Ghz band to a channel width of 20Mhz only in the router settings.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Frustratingly with the Virginmedia hub I have, they don’t allow you to split the two bands. (Causes real none-Sonos headaches with setting up things like baby monitors, too)

Looks like I’ll have to stick with the Sonos mobile app for now.

Thanks all. Really appreciate the help and good answers.

I think the sporadic or erratic volume control is perhaps an indication of a poor mobile and/or speaker wireless ‘network connection’ - do you have more than one WiFi access point? Perhaps ensure all are operating on the same WiFi channel and try using the non-overlapping channels - either 1, 6 or 11 on your local router

If the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands have the same SSID, then consider separating those by giving them different SSID’s (eg ‘MyNetwork-2G’ & ‘MyNetwork-5G’) and try your mobile Spotify controller device on each band to see which may work best for your environment. Another helpful thing is to limit the 2.4Ghz band to a channel width of 20Mhz only in the router settings.

Although as you are using the Spotify app and not the Sonos system it may be Spotify that you need to contact. A Sonos diagnostic may well still be useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d make a diagnostic and call Sonos. They should be able to see what’s going on.