Answered

Sonos One

Despite going through all the steps my three Sonos Ones have disappeared from view on my Sonos system. A Three still shows up but the Ones have gone. How do I get them back? I will never buy Sonos again if this is a deliberate attempt to force people into an upgrade. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 August 2021, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the speakers from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone.

Recommendations

1. Check that your using the Sonos 1 mobile app.

2. Verity with Sonos that you don't have two accounts in regard to your speaker configuration.

3. Verify that you can see all of your Sonos products on your Router _ good chance the speakers that are missing are not online.

Best of Luck,

Charles

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please, take your paranoia elsewhere. What router? Sounds like it might be a BT smart Hub or SkyQ, which are infamous in these parts.

Next you’ll be saying Bill Gates isn’t controlling people with the so called ‘vaccine’! But now you mention it I do have a BT Smart Hub. I have done the steps kindly mentioned by Dataguru so what do about BT? 

Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

But now you mention it I do have a BT Smart Hub. I have done the steps kindly mentioned by Dataguru so what do about BT?

Ideally I would suggest putting it in the trash, but failing that you should seek out the uber-thread that dealt with this train wreck of a router a few months ago.

Adding a Boost or hard-wiring one of your devices will take most of the crappy router out of the equation (except phone-to-network) which will certainly help.

More general ideas for getting the most from your WiFi is here:

Thanks again. Given I am a dunce would you say the Boost is the best idea?

Likely so. 

It helps in several ways, not the least of which it takes the Sonos traffic off your own wifi signal, although it still goes through the router. But your Sonos devices will automatically (generally speaking) connect to the signal. Once you’ve installed it, be sure to to remove Wifi data from the controller.

I wouldn’t suggest you’re a dunce, just that your knowledge is in other areas than networking. 

That being said, your last sentence of your post certainly raised my eyebrow, as well, since Sonos has never done this in the past, and to my knowledge, doesn’t do so currently. There are lots of users that post here that are running on older versions of the software, and while they’ve gotten reminders that they should update, they’ve never been “forced” to do so. That would be a bad business practice. 

The reason I suspected the older speakers weren’t supported anymore was all the reporting about a year a go about Sonos phasing out older units https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jan/23/sonos-to-deny-software-updates-to-owners-of-older-equipment

The reason I suspected the older speakers weren’t supported anymore was all the reporting about a year a go about Sonos phasing out older units https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jan/23/sonos-to-deny-software-updates-to-owners-of-older-equipment

Yes some devices are simply too old to receive any new software updates, which require more memory/processing power, but those devices still continue to run with the S1 App and also receive security updates, they just don’t get any of the new Sonos software features, which are added to an S2 system setup only.

That being said, they’re all still “supported” and running as they always have been on the S1 software. There’s been no drop in “support”.