Question

sonos one

• 19 October 2019
  • 6 replies

My Sonos suddenly will not stay connected to wifi.  No new router or network.  I have unplugged router and reset speaker by unplugging and holding down reset buttons.  It plays one song then stops and says it cannot locate sonos.

6 replies

That suggests that the speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your network. Could be [url=https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286]wifi interference[/url], or even duplicate IP address issues, albeit more unlikely.

What happens when you connect the speaker to your router with an ethernet cable? Does it still have this issue?

Please don’t reset the speaker any more, unless instructed to. It usually doesn’t help (as you’ve found) and erases any data stored on the speakers, such as your wifi information and playlists.

I have the exact same problem. Connecting to the router through an ethernet cable is simply not an option. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have the exact same problem. Connecting to the router through an ethernet cable is simply not an option. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Connecting in this way is to eliminate the possibility of wifi failure in the speaker.

Otherwise, trying to identify the issue can be far more complex. Wifi interference can come from something in your setup that’s updated (either automatically or by you), or something in a neighbour’s setup that’s now impacting your network. Or it may be due to IP address issues.

That suggests that the speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your network. Could be wifi interference, or even duplicate IP address issues, albeit more unlikely.

What happens when you connect the speaker to your router with an ethernet cable? Does it still have this issue?

Please don’t reset the speaker any more, unless instructed to. It usually doesn’t help (as you’ve found) and erases any data stored on the speakers, such as your wifi information and playlists.

My router is not easily accessible so I have not tried this.

It’s worth physically moving the speaker so you can do that.  It would help narrow down the problem. 

Hello.  Just to follow up, I did finally connect to the router with an ethernet cable and it worked.  After I disconnected and returned it back to it’s normal spot it works normally… so far!  Thanks for the help.