Answered

sonos one

• 4 September 2019
  • 9 replies

I have brought my son's one to France on holiday but it still thinks I'm in UK and won't work for music. When I ask for the weather, it gives me the weather at home. When I ask to play music, it says to do set up in Alexa app and then ask it to discover devices. This doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong?? Please give me an idiot's guide!!
icon

Best answer by 106rallye 4 September 2019, 16:45

1) Have you changed your location in the connected Sonos account to France?
2) What source do you want to play music from? If the music was on your son’s hard drive, it is still in England and you can’t play it on the Sonos in France.
View original

9 replies

It isn't my son's one, it is my Sonos one!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
1) Have you changed your location in the connected Sonos account to France?
2) What source do you want to play music from? If the music was on your son’s hard drive, it is still in England and you can’t play it on the Sonos in France.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Remove Alexa and set it back up using a different email.

Help and tips for Amazon Alexa on Sonos

Make sure your Amazon account isn’t in use on another Sonos system

Sonos and Alexa work together using a single Amazon account. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you’ll need to use a second Amazon account if you’d like to use Alexa. An Amazon account can only be used on one Sonos system at a time.
Thank you, I didn't change location so will do that. I don't have another system -only this one. Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I don’t use Alexa, but maybe you have to change your location there too.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
There’s an interesting new feature request - perhaps for the new, mobile speaker: a GPS sensor so the speaker knows where it is 😜.
Which implies that Sonos needs to store a map of your home....
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Not mine: it’s not that big a house.
Thanks, everyone, I'm up and running again! Alexa was the problem so set her up anew!!