Answered

Sonos on pc not visible - but ok in app.

• 13 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there…

I have several Sonos speakers. One (Sonos Arc) of them is wired to my router.

Issue: My Sonos Move was not visible - so I went ahead and got it connected from my iPhone. Now it plays - BUT the Move is NOT visible from my PC (Mac).

Any suggestions please 🙏

icon

Best answer by Zilverstone 14 March 2022, 23:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Zilverstone 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Arc, being connected with Ethernet, is creating SonosNet for your other speakers to connect to. The Move does not utilise this connection type, however, and will just connect to your router’s Wi-Fi.

If your Mac is unable to see the Move while the iPhone can, then there must be a difference in how the iPhone and the Mac are connecting, or there’s a setting on the router that’s getting in the way.

As a guess, I would say that you either have a WiFi extender that either the Mac or Move and iPhone are connected to, or you have a mesh system of some kind and have two devices configured as routers - which is not good.

Please give me some details about your network and we should be able to sort this out. Thanks.

Thx. Corry

After some troubleshooting I rebooted the router and changed the channel - At least for now it seems to work. But generally I think the Sonos eco system is too fragile. Shortly I will change to a new ISP with a new router. Hopefully that’ll stabilize things

/jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Zilverstone 

Sonos utilises your network in a different way than most WiFi devices - constant cross-communication is key, whereas most devices just want to connect to the internet, or only pass small amounts of information to each other.

It’s likely that your network can be adjusted for Sonos (that’s why routers have settings - for differing needs) without need to change ISP - unless you were going to do that anyway.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.