Answered

sonos not scrobbling

• 11 December 2019
  • 6 replies

I'm listening to Spotify through Sonos and it stopped scrobbling a  week ago. Scrobbling through Spotify works fine but not if I listen to Spotify through Sonos. I've removed lastfm service in Sonos and added it back.  I've turned off scrobbling and turned it back with no luck. 

icon

Best answer by gwsfbay 15 March 2020, 23:36

Hey all, I was able to fix this by disconnecting my sonos from my router and unplugging it, and also unplugging all speakers.  I then plugged them all back in again and let them find each other (with no reboot of my router).  It’s working thus far, and Sonos is also no longer losing connection to Spotify and skipping tracks.

View original

6 replies

I wish I had an answer for you about Spotify not scrobbling. I’m writing to add that I’m no longer getting ANY of my songs played through Sonos to scrobble, regardless of the source (I don’t have a Spotify account, fwiw). My last.fm profile indicates the last time anything scrobbled was on December 21st - nothing since. Like you, I removed last.fm from Sonos and added it back - still no scrobbling. Sad face...

Badge

Sonos stopped scrobbling to me on March 5th. I can scrobble from Spotify itself, and iTunes itself. I can even scrobble from Spotify if I push it through my Sonos system… 

But any music I play from the Songs Player does NOT get scrobbled...

Scrobbling while playing Spotify tracks through Sonos abruptly stopped working for me last week as well.  I’ve tried removing and reauthorizing on both ends, LastFM and Sonos, and nothing works. 

Is anyone from Sonos even reading these posts?   I see multiple posts about this with no response, and repeated issues over the years.  Does Sonos understand that the feature which is supposed to be supported is important to its customer base?  I can always look for alternate solutions, especially if all of this is falling on deaf ears.

Hey all, I was able to fix this by disconnecting my sonos from my router and unplugging it, and also unplugging all speakers.  I then plugged them all back in again and let them find each other (with no reboot of my router).  It’s working thus far, and Sonos is also no longer losing connection to Spotify and skipping tracks.

Thanks gwsfbay, That worked for me (i.e. disconnecting and re-connecting everything). Scrobbling now back

Badge +2

Hi.

Thanks gwsfbay, That worked for me also! :neutral_face::sunglasses: