Answered

Sonos not playing entire song on iTunes

I am playing music from My Music (purchase iTunes music) on the iPhone and Sonos will not play the entire songs. It just skips to the next song...Any fix?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 February 2019, 21:47

nacoleman wrote:

I am playing music from My Music (purchase iTunes music) on the iPhone and Sonos will not play the entire songs. It just skips to the next song...Any fix?

Hi nacoleman,

Welcome to the community. Do you hear audio skips when playing from all sources or just when playing from your iPhone's library? There's an issue right now that causes playback from the storage on iOS devices to stop and skip when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network. You can try disabling AirPlay on those devices, or disabling your iOS device's auto lock feature to get the streaming working again. A better option is to move your music library from your iOS device to a computer or NAS drive, then to set up a music share. This will allow you to use any controller to have Sonos play your music library without having to disable AirPlay on non-Sonos devices or set your iOS device to never auto lock.

If you have audio skips from any other source, there's something else going on. This guide is a great place to start troubleshooting.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
nacoleman wrote:

Hi nacoleman,

Welcome to the community. Do you hear audio skips when playing from all sources or just when playing from your iPhone's library? There's an issue right now that causes playback from the storage on iOS devices to stop and skip when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network. You can try disabling AirPlay on those devices, or disabling your iOS device's auto lock feature to get the streaming working again. A better option is to move your music library from your iOS device to a computer or NAS drive, then to set up a music share. This will allow you to use any controller to have Sonos play your music library without having to disable AirPlay on non-Sonos devices or set your iOS device to never auto lock.

If you have audio skips from any other source, there's something else going on. This guide is a great place to start troubleshooting.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings