Question

sonos not found on wifi.

• 21 August 2020
  • 9 replies

So for some reason I cannot connect to Sonos from my iPhone with me getting the above message repeatedly. I have restarted the app a few times, turned my phone onto airplane mode and also restarted the phone. But I still can’t get on, although I can connect to the system from my iPad. Can someone help?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @FraserR, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about not being able to connect to the Sonos system, i’ll be asking some questions to further assist on this issue.

• Is this a first-time setup or and Existing system for your Sonos?
  • How many Sonos products do you have?
  • Other device controllers where you have the Sonos App are able to connect to the Sonos App except for your iPhone?
  • What is the IOS version of the iPhone that you’re connecting to the Sonos App?
  • Are you connected to the same Wifi network on your phone and on the IPad?
  • Do you use a Wifi Mesh System or Wifi Extenders? and a modem or router? If so, If you can give the make and model (to check if there’s an ongoing issue with the specific model)
  • Before this issue start, are there any changes made on the settings or on the iPhone or Wifi name and password?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon, 

thanks for getting back to me, this was a problem all day yesterday but as of this morning appears to be working now. 

In answer to your questions anyway;

it’s an existing setup I’ve had for years

one play base and 2 one’s

yes the iPad worked fine throughout

ios 13.6.1 - I’ve been updated on this for weeks

Yes, same WiFi as the ipad

no mesh, just wireless connection to my router

no changes in passwords etc on phone or wifi

Thanks

fraser 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @FraserR, thanks for the update and for the information that you provided. I’m glad it’s working now, but I’ll ask you to observe it for the moment. 

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.  

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Hi Simon. Unfortunately today my Sonos app is once again failing to connect to my WiFi, with the Sonos not found on wifi. I’ve been using my speakers this morning and they are currently playing but I can’t connect to turn off the music. My iPhone is currently running iOS 13.6.1 which I have been using for weeks with no problem. My Sonos setup is still as above with no changes. WiFi is ok as I’m currently working. Can you help please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @FraserR, thanks for the update and the information that you provided, Sorry to hear about what happened. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue and on what is the current status of your Sonos system 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks Simon, sent with the following number 257583556

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @FraserR, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report about the issue. Upon checking, all seems good on your Sonos system. Have you tried another controller where you have the Sonos App if it will work? or trying to Reset the Sonos App on your iPhone.

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks Simon. By the time I had submitted the diagnostics to you the app had gained access again and started working. I didn’t do anything different in the meantime. Before that I had tried restarting the app and my phone but neither had any impact. I’ll come back you if I experience further problems but for now seems to have corrected itself.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @FraserR, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked already.  

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.